[wix-users] Custom BA DisableModify

Vanniekerk, Tyrel (GE Healthcare) tyrel.vanniekerk at ge.com
Thu Sep 29 10:14:32 PDT 2016

Yes, I have a managed bootstrapper and want to know if the DisableModify or DisableRepair options have been set to yes.  As in:
<Bundle Name="Bundle Name" Version="1.0.0.0" Manufacturer="A.C.M.E" UpgradeCode="Some Guid" DisableModify="yes">

A workaround would be to set a variable as well and check that, but I can't imagine why I would not get that value from the bootstrapper or .Engine or somewhere.  If you are creating a custom bootstrapper having a launch window that allows you to Modify/Repair/Uninstall seems like one of the basic dialogs you have to handle.