[wix-users] How to evaluate condition after property set

Vanniekerk, Tyrel (GE Healthcare) tyrel.vanniekerk at ge.com
Mon Sep 26 11:21:04 PDT 2016

Hi,

I want to validate all the parameters sent to the installer, then check a condition to stop the install if those parameters are invalid.

        <Property Id="PARAMETERS_VALID" Value="1" />
        <Condition Message="[PARAMETERS_MESSAGE]">
            <![CDATA[PARAMETERS_VALID = "1"]]>
        </Condition>
        <InstallExecuteSequence>
            <Custom Action="CheckParameters" Before="InstallInitialize">REMOVE=""</Custom>
        </InstallExecuteSequence>

The custom action CheckParameters sets PARAMETERS_VALID to 0 if the values are incorrect.  Problem is that it seems like the condition gets evaluated right away and never again.  So after setting the variable, the install just continues.

How do I get a condition to evaluate again once the parameter is set or how do I get the custom action to run soon enough?

Thanks,
Tyrel