[wix-users] CustomExitDialog conflicts with ExitDialog on sequence when OnExit=success is used

Phil Wilson phil.wilson at mvps.org
Mon Sep 26 10:47:12 PDT 2016

There are some reserved numbers for UI exit dialogs, and -1 is the one for a
normal exit dialog (-3 is used for fatal error). Windows Installer goes to
these dialog by number, not by name. If you want to substitute that your own
dialog it must therefore be -1, and renumber or delete the default -1
dialog. Duplicate number aren't a good thing either.

Phil W