[wix-users] Customizing Start Screen with XML

Douglas, Keith (STATCAN) keith.douglas at canada.ca
Mon Sep 26 07:22:38 PDT 2016

A (software developer) colleague is wondering about getting custom "Start Screen" tiles for our applications. Apparently in Enterprise (and Education?) versions of Windows one can use an XML layout file and group policy to do this. Are there any gotchas with using Util:XmlConfig in all our application packages and creating a tile in the Start Screen this way? Our colleagues in Imaging have already put our required calculator and Viewers (Excel, etc.) in manually for our users, so the relevant GPO already exists.

Thanks,

Keith Douglas

Programmer Analyst, Collection Systems Division
Statistics Canada / Government of Canada
Keith.Douglas at canada.ca<mailto:Keith.Douglas at canada.ca> / Tel : 613-854-5589

Programmeur analyste, Division des systèmes de collecte
Statistique Canada / Gouvernenment du Canada
Keith.Douglas at canada.ca<mailto:Keith.Douglas at canada.ca> / Tél :613-854-5589