[wix-users] Replace System.Message with custom self developed messagebox.

Patterson, Brent bcpatterson at xactware.com
Mon Sep 19 09:35:15 PDT 2016

Have you also added the dll to the BootstrapperApplicationRef element in the bundle?  When the installer is built, it will bundle all payloads into the installer, including the dlls you need if you explicitly state those to be included.

I.e.

    <BootstrapperApplicationRef Id="ManagedBootstrapperApplicationHost" >
      <Payload SourceFile="[PATH TO YOUR DLL HERE]" />
      <Payload SourceFile="C:\Program Files\WiX Toolset v3.10\SDK\Microsoft.Deployment.WindowsInstaller.dll"/>
    </BootstrapperApplicationRef>