[wix-users] DetectCondition for MsuPackage for KB3033929

Mridul Pentapalli mridulp at mediafour.com
Thu Sep 15 13:56:29 PDT 2016

Thank Phill Hogland for the comments. Since we provide software for the
general public, I want to force them to install the .msu. There are a
significant number of current users who are on Win 7 and our customers are
not generally very tech savvy. It would be terrible since we have already
taken their money and they will no longer be able to use the software they
paid for. We also require NetFx45 as a prerequisite anyway. We can always
bump it up to 461 if we see problems. I have fixed issues with customers
not having the correct root certificates in the past with our current
drivers, so I don't see that as a stumbling block.

Thanks Rob Mensching for your comments too. We have been using globalsign
for the past few years and we updated it recently. I doubt my boss is
interested in switching over just to get a SHA1 certificate for what is
going to be a diminishing problem.

So is there any way to put a DetectCondition? Alternately is there any
other way that I can incorporate installing this particular MSU file and
then chain my current .MSI?

Thanks,
Mridul.