[wix-users] What's util:CloseApplication's Property attribute for?

Matsumura Risa (AA-AS/EOS32) Risa.Matsumura at uk.bosch.com
Tue Sep 13 01:47:58 PDT 2016

Hi,

I was wondering what Property attribute in util:CloseApplication. I need to close and restart Chrome browsers but only want to restart when the bowser was already open.
So far I have the following code but I need to have some kind of flag to set the condition. Can I use Property attribute to set the condition? I couldn't find much information about what that attribute is for.

<Property Id="TEST_URL" Value=http://google.com" />
<Property Id='CHROME_EXE_PATH'>
      <RegistrySearch Id='ChromeBrowser' Type='raw' Root='HKLM' Key='SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\chrome.exe'/>
</Property>
<util:CloseApplication Id="CloseChrome" CloseMessage="yes" Target="chrome.exe" RebootPrompt="no" Description="Chrome needs to be closed"/>

<CustomAction Id="LaunchChrome" ExeCommand="[CHROME_EXE_PATH] [TEST_URL]" Directory="TARGETDIR" Return="asyncNoWait" />
<InstallExecuteSequence>
      <Custom Action="LaunchChrome" After="InstallValidate" />
</InstallExecuteSequence>