[wix-users] BURN - Install SQL 2014 on machine with SQL 2012

Ashutosh Vyas ashutosh at softserv.in
Fri Sep 9 05:51:26 PDT 2016

Yes I know we can install instances of SQL side by side.
However, if I do (esp. with SQL 2012), it raise an error "error 0x84bc06aa"
without any more information.

Researching, found that its about the "SQL 2012 Native Client" (Not the SQl
Server Engine). It needs to be uninstalled before proceeding.
(Chk -
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/27489182/sql-server-2014-installation-fai
ls-an-error-occurred-for-a-dependency-of-the-fe)

And yes - The instance names are different. SO that's not an issue.

Thanks
Ashutosh