[wix-users] Bootstrapper not detecting already installed msi package

Andres Armengol andres.armengol at pantec.com
Fri Sep 9 01:56:07 PDT 2016

I have the following attributes defined:

Bundle:
    Name='Foobar 1.0'
    Version='1.0.0'
    Manufacturer='Acme Ltd.'
    UpgradeCode="{005312BC-FF1E-46E9-8C60-9251C9E355B3}"

Product:
    Name='Foobar 1.0'
    Id='{F32B8FF0-623A-4E52-8AB1-B4984D166DFB}'
    UpgradeCode='{2421083E-A8D7-43C0-A862-D40BF0BDF92C}'
    Language='1033'
    Version='1.0.0'
    Manufacturer='Acme Ltd.'

Package:
      Id='*'
      Keywords='Installer'
      Description="Acme's Foobar 1.0 Installer"
      Comments='Foobar is a registered trademark of Acme Ltd.'
      Manufacturer='Acme Ltd.'
      InstallerVersion='100'
      Languages='1033'
      Compressed='yes'
      InstallScope='perMachine'

Do I have to define the codes differently?

Thanks