[wix-users] Fi

Henri Hein henri at thinair.com
Tue Sep 6 19:49:36 PDT 2016

On Tue, Sep 6, 2016 at 7:12 PM, Joel Dart <jdart at dyknow.com> wrote:
> MsiSystemRebootPending applies for all possible reboots - even the ones that aren't protecting me from this weird edge case. And it's set kind of a lot. Are there any other msi, wix, etc properties that can be used to detect just my app's problem files? Maybe a file in a certain directory is marked with the "Must reboot to complete operation" ?

I had exactly the same situation.  I ended up looking at
PendingFileRenameOperations.
https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc960241.aspx.  By walking
the entries here, the installer can identify the pending file
operations that are related to itself.  If it sees any, it will refuse
to continue.  That solved the issue for us.

HTH,
    - Henri