[wix-users] How do I handle SetupFilesCleanup and SetupFiles Extract in Wix

Shobha Dashottar Shobha_Dashottar at symantec.com
Mon Sep 5 23:17:06 PDT 2016

Yes. We do need the support files at the time of installation.  Depending upon the user's choice of feature we need to run some scripts/commands.  The ISSEtupFilesExtract was taking care of putting the support files in the temp folder. I see that now I need to write an custom action for this purpose . Going through the Windows Installer Function Reference I haven't hit anything yet .
I am exploring the MsiOpenPackage function but not sure that is the right direction.

Has anyone dealt with this before ?

Thanks
Shobha