[wix-users] How do I handle SetupFilesCleanup and SetupFiles Extract in Wix

Tobias S tobias.s1979 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 2 06:40:09 PDT 2016

Lewis, you are right. If you have one executable you can use that as you
described.

The support files construct is needed e.g. when you have an executable
which depends on additional config or dll files for running it.

For me in some dozens of installers I used that Support Files once. But
InstallShield adds the needed custom actions (ISSetupFilesExtract +
ISSetupFilesCleanup + ...) always AFAIR...