[wix-users] How do I handle SetupFilesCleanup and SetupFiles Extract in Wix

Shobha Dashottar Shobha_Dashottar at symantec.com
Thu Sep 1 02:38:57 PDT 2016

Thx  Tobias S

Since these are Installshield actions , I don't want to use them but then I am unable to find the Wix alternative to the SetupFilesCleanup and SetupFilesExtract.

So, before the installation, the files need to be extracted into the temp folder otherwise the installation fails as it fails to locate the support files.
Post installation the TEMP folder files need to be cleaned up. Is there no way in Wix to deal with it. Do I have to write  custom actions for this ?

Thanks
Shobha