[wix-users] Struggling with ICE38 for a per-machine MSI

Hoover, Jacob Jacob.Hoover at greenheck.com
Mon Oct 31 15:06:47 PDT 2016

I swear from the digging I did, HKMU and suppressing ICE57 was safer.  IE, the only reason it could be "bad" is if someone messes with ALLUSERS at install time (which the ICE doesn't take into account), but if they force your per machine install to install per user, then the HKMU would map to the per user location, which is what one would expect...

https://github.com/wixtoolset/issues/issues/2433

http://windows-installer-xml-wix-toolset.687559.n2.nabble.com/ICE57-with-HKMU-tt5795201.html#a5796717