[wix-users] Validate a success full process code form the Bootstrapper

Phill Hogland phill.hogland at rimage.com
Wed Oct 26 08:44:55 PDT 2016

In general you might want to look at the InstallationViewModel.cs file in the WixTollset source of the WixBA project.  That is a WPF project, but your approach may need to be different if you are using a different display technology.

In WPF your model would hold a 'result' property and a 'state' property in the VM.  In the handlers for PlanComplete and ApplyComplete save the 'result' code to your model.  Your View can present different information depending on your result property and if your 'state' property is InstallationState.Failed or InstallationState.Applied, etc.  You might also want to look at the Executeerror handler.   And when your bundle exits you can call this.Engine.Quit( your-result-code); to pass the result code back as the return code of your bundle.exe, for processing by a batch launcher.

The wix4\src\Setup\WixBA is the approach which I use.  It is a little different from wix3, but the same basic concept.