[wix-users] How to use if..else condition in Wix toolset?

Farrukh Waheed farrukh1 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 26 03:24:43 PDT 2016

Joel,
<?if?>... <?else?> are Preprocessor conditional constructs. These would
only evaluate at build time but  not on installation time.

Please see following links to use FileSearch element (may be using Util
extension), to better understanding:

http://wixtoolset.org/documentation/manual/v3/xsd/util/filesearch.html
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6519076/wix-check-file-exists-before-install
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/34299415/wix-file-search-conditional

You could enhance your code snippet using above links..