[wix-users] Path not being updated in launch application shell

Hoover, Jacob Jacob.Hoover at greenheck.com
Mon Oct 24 08:25:31 PDT 2016

Seems logical to me...  The environment block gets allocated/setup at process creation, so the installer modifying the default environment wouldn't modify the environment of existing processes.

I don't know anything of Excel add-ins, but do you really need to modify the system path for your add-in to function? Is your DLL not a COM DLL?