[wix-users] BootstrapperApplication.RestartRequired

Tyler Gustafson tgustafson at solacom.com
Mon Oct 24 06:22:19 PDT 2016

I think that happens when your installer is trying to change a file that is locked in some way and can't so it wants to finish up after a re-boot. I have a powershell script that can temporarily lock a file which I was going to use to test some functionality around that area. You're welcome to try if if you like. Stick the following in a .ps1 file and run it with the -filePath argument as the path to a file you want locked eg Locker.ps1 -filePath C:\lockme.txt

param(
    [string]$filePath
)

$lock = [System.IO.File]::Open("$filePath", "Open", "ReadWrite")
Write-Host "Press any key to release the file..."
$null = $Host.UI.RawUI.ReadKey("NoEcho,IncludeKeyDown")
$lock.Close()

Let me know how it goes!
Tyler