[wix-users] Issue installing via TFS agent

Tyler Gustafson tgustafson at solacom.com
Fri Oct 14 08:34:10 PDT 2016

Based on the original information it sounds like this isn't the case since Andrew manages to get the program on there the first time using that account but maybe it's missing some privilege specific to updating. Andrew are you able to reproduce the problem when you log into the box as the service user instead of yourself?

I don't think I have much to contribute here but I will mention an issue we ran into with our deployment process in case it happens to help.
At the time our environment was TFS and InstallShield and we had an issue because InstallShield was grabbing build artifacts from the build environment's TFS workspace. I don't remember the terminology anymore but all source control files on the build workspace were write protected (I think it was called a server workspace).

InstallShield was grabbing this web.config file which was still write protected and then when it got to its step to set up IIS it was trying to modify the web.config file and choking there with a similar error message. I'll admit I haven't done any googling on your error message, but the mention of IIS reminded me of this and figured it might spark an idea.

Tyler