[wix-users] failing to elevate privileges on Win 10 - WiX 3.9r2

Rod Widdowson rdw at steadingsoftware.com
Fri Oct 14 01:57:10 PDT 2016

> Not aware of a better option. Seems only option is to submit to vendors that get it wrong.

You might want to ask if there is a dev for the AV in question listening on the NTFSD list (where windows file system types hang
out)  Get them to contact you off list with respect to "an interop issue between the AV and Microsoft Installer in Win10".

http://www.osronline.com/cf.cfm?PageURL=showlists.cfm?list=NTFSD

If you can find one that will often short cut working your way through support who are (of course) trained to not escalate to the
devs.  It might work, it might not.  I've not seen any Panda devs in there recently, but a lot of people lurk behind anonymous
account...