[wix-users] MSI doesn't show custom banner and background image on Windows 7

Н К yfnfif89 at inbox.ru
Thu Oct 6 01:07:00 PDT 2016

I'm setting a custom banner and dialog image for my WiX generated MSI:
    <WixVariable Id="WixUIBannerBmp" Value="images\dialog_bmp_ww.jpg" />
    <WixVariable Id="WixUIDialogBmp" Value="images\dialog_bmp.png" />

MSI doesn't show banner and dialog image on Windows 7 Pro SP1. When MSI is started on Windows 8.1 Pro banner and dialog image are shown.

Version of WiX is 3.10.

How to show banner and dialog image on Windows 7?