[wix-users] failing to elevate privileges on Win 10 - WiX 3.9r2

Hoover, Jacob Jacob.Hoover at greenheck.com
Wed Oct 5 13:55:53 PDT 2016

Is your bundle digitally signed?  My suggestion would be to submit the bundle to the AV vendor first.  Are you using WixStdBA or a custom BA? Also, upgrading to 3.10.3 to avoid the drive by download DLL hijack would be highly recommended.

It may be possible to have burn "retry" but it seems that Panda is doing something in a non-standard manner where it is preventing another process from working while it does "its thing" with files.  It also seems in this case that the bundle retrying probably wouldn't accomplish anything, as repeated manual attempts failed.