[wix-users] fw:FirewallException and msiexec/qn causes a hang

Rod Widdowson rdw at steadingsoftware.com
Tue Oct 4 02:16:18 PDT 2016

> I do.  I can pull them from a test installer and see whether it makes a difference and report back

I pulled all the script (and downstream QAQuietExec) Actions and confirmed that the install runs to completion.  Firewall holes
poked correctly.

I'm assuming that you will tell me to rewrite my actions in C/C++/C#?

I'd rather avoid that because this particular product doesn't have any C (it’s a java based subsystem)  and saying to devs "install
wix" is a lot less heavyweight than "find a C compiler somewhere and install it".  But what is required is required, maybe I can
stuff the dlls into our CMS as raw binary but that sucks as well.

Thanks

/Rod