[wix-users] Calling 3rd Party Installer from within Bundle

Rob Mensching rob at firegiant.com
Tue Nov 29 09:41:05 PST 2016

Yes. Add Payload under ExePackage.

From: wix-users [mailto:wix-users-bounces at lists.wixtoolset.org] On Behalf Of Mark Kunkel
Sent: Tuesday, November 29, 2016 9:30 AM
To: wix-users at lists.wixtoolset.org
Subject: [wix-users] Calling 3rd Party Installer from within Bundle

The situation that I have is this. I have a bundle from within this bundle I want to call a 3rd party installer from the chain. This 3rd party installer a collection of files stored in a directory. Can I include these files and call the 3rd party installer within the chain so that I distribute only one exe (bundle.exe)? I know that I can do this if the 3rd party installer was a MSI, but unfortunately it is not.

Proprietary Statement
The information contained in or otherwise included with or attached to this message, to the extent it is non-public, is the confidential, proprietary information of Ingersoll Machine Tools, Inc. and, in addition to any restrictions that may apply pursuant to the terms of any Confidentiality or Non-Disclosure Agreements between Ingersoll and the recipient (or the recipient's employer), may not be reproduced, disclosed to any third party or used by the recipient, for other than the intended purpose for which it was provided to the recipient, without the prior written approval of Ingersoll Machine Tools, Inc.
Mark Kunkel
Ingersoll Machine Tools, Inc
(815) 987-6137
mck at ingersoll.com