[wix-users] Patching without creating new version.

Shintaro Takechi devst119 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 23 10:47:45 PST 2016

Hi

I have received a request for creating a patch without creating a new
version of msi (due to small amount of changes where the original
installation is huge and also is made with non-WiX installer).
I am aware that in order to make msp I have to have previous version's msi
as well as new version of msi.
I fear that if I just make installer to replace those files, the referenced
components for msi is going to break making uninstall from ARP impossible.

Is there any good solution for this situation?