[wix-users] store a value in a bundle with access from related bundles

Benny Bürger buerger at simba.de
Sun Nov 20 14:18:00 PST 2016

Hi,

how do I  store a value in a bundle with access from related bundles?
I'm aware of the persistent flag for a variable, but this is not working for related bundes (e.g for upgrades) in Wix 3.10.3 (hopefully in 4.x)
I'm aware of the remember me pattern, but to use it I would need to set the registry value in a msi file, but the only one that needs the value ist the bundle itself (or an msi from an external source)

I could write a dummy msi that store the value but there must be a nicer way to do this, right?

TIA,
Benny