[wix-users] Condition on create SQL database

Ronny Eriksson ronny.eriksson at optimity.se
Tue Nov 15 02:26:47 PST 2016

Hi all

Is there any way to have a condition on whether to create a database or not in "wix code" or have I no other choice than to create the database and run the script from a CustomAction where I can control if it should be installed or not?
I have this:
    <util:User Id="SQLUser" Name="[DATABASE_USERNAME]" Password="[DATABASE_PASSWORD]" />
    <Component Id="SqlComponent" Guid="*">
      <sql:SqlDatabase Id="SqlDatabase" Database="[DATABASE_NAME]" User="SQLUser" Server="[DATABASE_SERVERNAME]"
                       CreateOnInstall='yes' DropOnUninstall='no' ContinueOnError='yes'>
        <sql:SqlScript Id='CreateStrcture' BinaryKey='CreateStrcture' ExecuteOnInstall='yes' />
      </sql:SqlDatabase>
    </Component>

But I would like to choose if it should be executed or not based on user choice in a dialog.
There could be cases where the installation program should not create the database and only send the sql server configuration to the config file, so somehow I need to let the user choose IF the database should be created or not.

So, is it possible without creating a CA for it?
I'm trying to minimize the amount of CA I need to create for this project.
Ronny Eriksson| Optimity| +46 70 680 98 32 | Skype: ronnye75 | www.optimitysoftware.com
IMPORTANT - This e-mail and any attachments may be confidential and privileged. If received in error, please contact us and delete all copies. Before opening or using attachments, check them for viruses and defects. Our liability is limited to re-supplying any affected attachments. Any use or dissemination of its contents in any forms by anyone other than the addressee is prohibited.