[wix-users] Having version number in filenames when apply a patch

Christin Meienberg | HBT Christin.Meienberg at hbt.de
Wed Nov 9 09:58:03 PST 2016

Hi Phil

Thank you for your answer. I'm new in this topic so probably I need to change my perspective.

Is there any other possibility to install just some jar files of the software and not the whole application again? As I understood MajorUpdate means uninstall all files and install all files with a new version.

The background ist that people using laptops with  bad network connection but need to update the system. So we like to have our update packages as small as possible.

Best regards,

Christin