[wix-users] Need an option to perform Filesearch in System32 folder from 32 bit installer running on a 64 bit machine.

Hemalatha.Nallusamy at microchip.com Hemalatha.Nallusamy at microchip.com
Wed Nov 9 02:37:32 PST 2016

Hi,

Scenario:
We have a 32 bit bootstrapper installer which is capable of installing the required components in both 32 bit machine and 64 bit machine.
We need to invoke an external driver installation if it is not already installed. The only way to identify whether the driver is already installed or not is to check the required files in C:\windows\system32 folder.

But right now both the SystemFolder and System64Folder searches the file only SysWOW64 folder in 64 mit machine.

Requirement:
Need an option to perform Filesearch in System32 folder from 32 bit installer running on a 64 bit machine.

Environment:
wix version: Wix Toolset v3.10.1.2213
Windows: Windows7

Regards,