[wix-users] Having version number in filenames when apply a patch

Christin Meienberg | HBT Christin.Meienberg at hbt.de
Tue Nov 8 09:50:15 PST 2016

Hi all

I'm using Wix to create an installer for our client software. In generell it's working really good including major updates.

However I've issues with patches. We are working with version numbers in the jar filenames we install. For example: Test-1.2.3.jar. And the patch file should be Test-1.2.4.jar. But if I understand the documentation correct the names of the files needs to be identical when using patches. So my question is, is there any possibility to patch files even they have different versions in the name? The rest of the file name is equal.

Best regards,

Christin