[wix-users] Is there a way to allow major upgrade if version is the same but product code is different?

Joseph Musser me at jnm2.com
Thu Nov 3 13:58:18 PDT 2016

I also tried this which had the same result:

<Upgrade Id="$(var.UpgradeCode)">
  <UpgradeVersion Maximum="$(var.ProductVersion)" IncludeMaximum="yes"
Property="OLDERVERSIONBEINGUPGRADED" />
  <UpgradeVersion Minimum="$(var.ProductVersion)" IncludeMinimum="no"
OnlyDetect="yes" Property="NEWERVERSIONDETECTED" />
</Upgrade>
<CustomActionRef Id="WixExitEarlyWithSuccess"/>

<InstallExecuteSequence>
  <RemoveExistingProducts After="InstallValidate" />
</InstallExecuteSequence>