[wix-users] Unable to install package after Bootstrapper reload

Tyler Gustafson tgustafson at solacom.com
Wed Nov 2 07:04:31 PDT 2016

Have you tried adding the DownloadUrl attribute to the MsiPackage or ExePackage element containing your .net 4.6.2 installer? It tells the program where to grab the file from if it's not cached but from what I can tell you can't just point it at the local system, it has to be actually hosted somewhere (http://stackoverflow.com/questions/17785382/wix-bootstrapper-downloadurl-can-it-be-a-local-network-path ). This should work out for you anyway since Microsoft must have a download location for that thing somewhere, and not including it makes your installer smaller.

Tyler