[wix-users] is a bundle of appx an appxbundle ?

Rob Mensching rob at firegiant.com
Tue Nov 1 09:21:53 PDT 2016

The FireGiant AppX Extension (https://www.firegiant.com/products/wix-expansion-pack/appx/) allows you to continue to work with your .wxs code and the WiX Toolset + Extension will create both MSI and AppX packages. In other words, you don't need to maintain the AppxManifest.xml, Registry.dat, resources.pri, resource packages, .appxbundles (should you use those), etc. separately.

The AppX Extension can save you a lot of time since it integrates seamlessly into your build process. Most importantly, it will help avoid bugs since setup logic changes do not have to be duplicated.

That's why we built it anyway. <smile/>