[wix-users] is a bundle of appx an appxbundle ?

Phill Hogland phill.hogland at rimage.com
Tue Nov 1 07:09:29 PDT 2016

You might check this out:

https://www.firegiant.com/products/wix-expansion-pack/appx/#desktop

________________________________
From: wix-users <wix-users-bounces at lists.wixtoolset.org> on behalf of Ingo Fischer <ingoderfischer at hotmail.com>
Sent: Tuesday, November 1, 2016 9:05:31 AM
To: wix-users at lists.wixtoolset.org
Subject: [wix-users] is a bundle of appx an appxbundle ?

Hi,

We use a bundle.wxs that chains msi-files and we create a bootstrapper and that installs a desktop application.

Now we want to bring our desktop application to the store.

As far as I know, we have to convert to a UWP-app. (using the desktop-bridge)

But I also read that if we create appx, we do not have to convert.

So, can I make appx out of our msi-files and chain them in a appxbundle to get a setup that I can submit to the store ?

I read since quiet a time about taking 'old' desktop-applications to the store; for any further reading-links I would be happy.

ThanX,

salute

ingo