[wix-users] Installing DirectX without installing the install EXE

Hoover, Jacob Jacob.Hoover at greenheck.com
Tue May 31 08:29:29 PDT 2016

I'd advise against running a concurrent/nested install from within a MSI package.  This will do nothing more than lead to headaches, and is not supported by Microsoft.

B is for Bundle...  Create a simple bundle, which includes both DirectX and your MSI in its chain, and let burn handle the installs in a supported manner.