[wix-users] Question about adding NetFx 4.5.2 to web-based mba - and 3.10.3 test report

Phill Hogland phill.hogland at rimage.com
Fri May 27 09:49:09 PDT 2016

Thanks Bob for the info.  I will try specifying:
<PackageGroupRef Id="NetFx452Redist" />

with:
<PayloadGroup Id="NetFx452RedistPayload">

The wix 3.10.3.2924 setup just finished after 4 hours 10 minutes of the votive msi updating vs2013 and vs2015.  This was the second try on this PC.  While it took a while on our other build server it did not seem to take that long.

MSI (s) (A0:88) [06:20:19:675]: Executing op: CustomActionSchedule(Action=VS2013Setup,ActionType=3186,Source=C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 12.0\Common7\IDE\devenv.exe,Target=/setup,)
MSI (s) (A0:88) [08:20:25:576]: Executing op: ActionStart(Name=VS2015Setup,Description=Updating Visual Studio 2015 registration,Template=[1])
MSI (s) (A0:88) [08:20:25:577]: Executing op: CustomActionSchedule(Action=VS2015Setup,ActionType=3186,Source=C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\Common7\IDE\devenv.exe,Target=/setup,)
MSI (s) (A0:88) [10:31:30:290]: Executing op: End(Checksum=0,ProgressTotalHDWord=0,ProgressTotalLDWord=7805465)
MSI (s) (A0:88) [10:31:30:293]: Note: 1: 2265 2:  3: -2147287035

2265 is Could not commit storage. System error: [3]. [Access Denied]  which is interesting since the setup was launched in the context of a fully privileged member of the Administrators group.  I also made sure that I did not use this PC or try to do any development work for the 4+ hours while the setup was running.  I'm not sure that there is anything further to be learned from this situation, I just share the details in the event that it is useful.

Thanks again! Phill