[wix-users] Windows Update

Phill Hogland phill.hogland at rimage.com
Mon May 23 08:01:29 PDT 2016

I think that you need to determine if the update is available as a redistributable, the type of redistributable (exe, msu, etc.), and how the vendor advises you to detect if the update is already installed.  From there you would typically use ExePackage or MsuPackage and configure the DetectCondition and/or the InstallCondition as documented in the chm (or you could implement custom detect logic/plan logic in the mba, but often the standard approach is sufficient).