[wix-users] Bundle upgrade

Hoover, Jacob Jacob.Hoover at greenheck.com
Mon May 16 10:55:52 PDT 2016

LaunchAction.UpdateReplace is for use when a bundle is downloading an updated bundle for its self-update functionality ala a SetUpdate call.  The DetectUpdate* calls are only going to happen if you have an Update element in your bundle authoring pointing at an atom feed about your bundle.

What did you use as a starting point for your MBA? (The WixBA source is available for reference.)  It really sounds like you are inadvertently overriding the default behavior of the engine which would uninstall the prior bundle, assuming you haven't erroneously changed the /Bundle[@UpgradeCode].  If you needed to change UpgradeCode's then you would need a <RelatedBundle Id="OldUpgradeCode" Action="Upgrade" /> in your bundle authoring.