[wix-users] Bundle Icon

Brian Enderle brianke at gmail.com
Mon May 16 07:37:30 PDT 2016

I have an issue where upon building my bundle project in Debug mode the
resultant installer file has the standard Windows installer icon (computer
with box/CD).  However, when I build the same bundle in Release mode, the
icon is set to our company icon which I am using for the Start menu
shortcuts.

I tried removing any references to icons (including the shortcut icons) in
both the Product.wxs and Bundle.wxs files to no avail.

Where is the icon for the installer package defined or how can I force the
bundle to use the default installer icon?

Brian

If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough.  -
Albert Einstein