[wix-users] .Net 4.6 Restart in burn Chain

Simon Palmer s.palmer at acquire.com.au
Mon May 9 22:55:15 PDT 2016

Hi,

I'm trying to install .net 4.6 in a burn bundle, when the .net 4.6 install finishes it I can see in the log files that it requires a reboot.
The following packages in the chain require .net 4.6 and fail because the restart has not occurred.

How do I make the bootstrapper application catch and handle the packages restart request?
This is using WiX 3.10.2.

I tried the event Bootstrapper.RestartRequired event but is not being fired.

Thanks,
Simon.

Simon Palmer
Principal Engineer
acQuire Technology Solutions Pty Ltd
T: +61 8 9316 6600
F: +61 8 9316 6699
E: s.palmer at acquire.com.au
W: www.acquire.com.au
24 Moreau Mews, Applecross, Western Australia 6153 | PO Box 933, Canning Bridge, Western Australia 6153
AUSTRALIA | BRAZIL | CANADA | CHILE | SOUTH AFRICA | UNITED KINGDOM
This email (including all attachments) is the sole property of acQuire Technology Solutions Pty Ltd and may be confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not use or forward the information contained in it. This message may not be reproduced or otherwise republished without the written consent of the sender. If you have received this message in error, please delete the email and notify the sender. To view our Privacy Policy please visit http://www.acquire.com.au/acquire_privacy_policy.pdf