[wix-users] How to build patches between WiX 3.5 and > 3.5?

Omar Kilani omar.kilani at gmail.com
Mon May 9 21:55:44 PDT 2016

Hi there,

We have an issue where we're stuck using WiX 3.5 as later versions of
WiX won't generate patches due to this error:

error TRCH0279: The table definition of 'WixVariable' in the target
database does not match the table definition in the updated database.
A transform requires that the target database schema match the updated
database schema.

Is there any way to "upgrade" the prior .wixpdb's to the new schema?

We're not able to upgrade our toolchain to VS2015 since the older WiX
won't work...

Thanks!

Regards,
Omar