[wix-users] How to notify user about the upgradation of existing installed version to new version in Wix BA

Hoover, Jacob Jacob.Hoover at greenheck.com
Tue May 3 06:49:44 PDT 2016

I opted for customizing WixStdBA, passing a switch to tell the installer to check for updates.  Then, within my application, I utilize a DLL that uses the existing wix Bundle API to query for an installed bundle.  This allows me to locate the path to the bundle and invoke it "as needed" when my application is running.  In my BA, if I am checking for updates, I suppress the UI and only show it after the atom feed is processed and if an update is available.  I've also customized a theme to allow users to modify from ARP and then check for updates.

https://github.com/wixtoolset/wix3/compare/wix3103...jchoover:develop-3.10-WixStdBA would be a good starting point for my changes.