[wix-users] Property values in MBA UI

Phill Hogland phill.hogland at rimage.com
Mon Mar 14 08:15:39 PDT 2016

WixBundleName is a Burn Variable, and not a MSI property.

It depends on the language the mba is implemented in, but the basic steps are:
Use the Wix Engine object to read the EngineString "WixBundleName" into a local variable defined in your code.
Define a string resource which takes a string insert like "Installing {0}" (in C#)
Then use the String.Format method to insert the string the wix Engine object returned into your resource string.