[wix-users] Unable to correctly specify a variable for WiX within Visual Studio

Jon Earle earlej at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 9 07:25:17 PST 2016

Thank you for responding to my inquiry.
1. How do I create the <JavaDocBase> property from the project properties page? All I see when I shell out to the commandline and view the wixproj file is the <DefineConstants> property.  Trying to do all this via the gui as much as possible because there will be others who will eventually maintain this and I want to make it as simple as possible.
2. Where does the <Bundle> property enter the picture?  It's not mentioned in any of my files...
3. HeatDirectoryTask... why did I not use it?  Many reasons: a) did not know about it b) don't know how to use it (including, where to put it) c) I am reading a lot of what appears to be conflicting or incorrect or incomplete information on the 'Net and trying to gain a working understanding out of it all.
Cheers!Jon