[wix-users] UAC Admin permisions

Kaveesh Dashora kaveeshd at gmail.com
Sun Mar 6 06:49:19 PST 2016

MSI does not support elevation when it starts... It requests elevation when
the install button is clicked...

You have two options
1. Use a bootstrapper to elevate privileges
2. You can create a self elevating custom job... Which elevates the MSI
when it starts....

Regards,
Kaveesh

On Sun, 6 Mar 2016 2:46 am Ronny Eriksson, <ronny.eriksson at optimity.se>
wrote:

> Hi all
>
> I don't how I'm supposed to get the UAC dialog on startup for Admin
> permissions.
> I can run from cmd as admin using command but i need it to prompt uac
> dialog on launch.
>
> I have tried multiple combinations of these in Package
> InstallPrivileges="elevated" AdminImage="yes" InstallScope="perMachine"
>
> I have tried using this
> <Property Id="MSIUSEREALADMINDETECTION" Value="1" />
>
> Both in combination with the package setting and without.
>
> But whatever I set I can't get the Admin permission windows dialog?
>
> Does someone know exacty what I have to se to get it?
> Ronny Eriksson| Optimity| +46 70 680 98 32 | Skype: ronnye75 |
> www.optimitysoftware.com
> IMPORTANT - This e-mail and any attachments may be confidential and
> privileged. If received in error, please contact us and delete all copies.
> Before opening or using attachments, check them for viruses and defects.
> Our liability is limited to re-supplying any affected attachments. Any use
> or dissemination of its contents in any forms by anyone other than the
> addressee is prohibited.

Sent from my OnePlus One