[wix-users] WiX Bootstrapper shows blank GUI

Stephens, Rich RStephens at bottomline.com
Thu Mar 3 07:44:54 PST 2016

I posted this same question on stackoverflow.com - so far no responses.

I have the weirdest thing going on. I am using WiX 3.9, using a WiX Standard Bootstrapper (based on WixStandardBootstrapperApplication.HyperlinkLicense).

I am using a custom theme file. The bootstrapper GUI works exactly as expected when installing for the first time.

However, if I uninstall all the packages that the bootstrapper installs, and run it again, it shows a completely blank UI. It never seems to get to the first page in my theme XML.

I do have a couple of bafunctions (OnPlan, OnPlanComplete), but I have verified that they're not throwing any errors.

What's even stranger is that, on my dev machine, if I simply rebuild the bootstrapper, the newly built one doesn't exhibit the same behaviour.

The only thing in the bootstrapper log that would seem to indicate a problem is the line: Shutting down, exit code: 0x642

This is causing trouble with my QA people who install and uninstall all the time.

Has anyone seen this? I am stumped.

Rich Stephens  |  Bottomline Technologies<http://www.bottomline.com/us/products/bottomline-transform-ap-sharepoint>
770-576-3623  |  rstephens at bottomline.com