[wix-users] Wix 3.8 Install dependency issue

Groenlund, Alexander (GE Healthcare, consultant) alexander.groenlund at ge.com
Wed Jun 29 07:24:28 PDT 2016

Hi,

I have been having problem for a while and this seems to be my last resort.

I am working on an application that has always been deployed using Wix 3.8, recently I added a dependency from Blend called Microsoft.Expression.Drawing.dll .
It does seem like the wix build notices this as I’m getting the following error

19>candle.exe(0,0): error CNDL0307: Either 'Microsoft.Tools.WindowsInstallerXml.AssemblyDefaultWixExtensionAttribute' was not defined in the assembly or the type defined in extension 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Expression\Blend\.NETFramework\v4.0\Libraries\Microsoft.Expression.Drawing.dll' could not be loaded.

The only solution I found online was the following entry

<File Id="Microsoft.Expression.Drawing.dll"
Name="Microsoft.Expression.Drawing.dll"
Source="<Path to dependency directory>\Microsoft.Expression.Drawing.dll" />

I added this to my Product.wxs where all the other dependencies are defined.
But even then, the error message remains.

Please advise

/Alex ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶