[wix-users] Executing an already installed program at install and uninstall time

Farrukh Waheed farrukh1 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 20:59:55 PDT 2016

Ok, so it is working now. But I can't provide any arguments to the
application here. Tried to use attribute ExeCommand for passing arguments,
but got following error:
D:\TestMsis\Notepad.wxs(40) : error CNDL0023 : The CustomAction/@ExeCommand
attribute cannot coexist with a previously specified attribute on this
element.  The CustomAction element may only have one of the following
target attributes specified at a time: DllEntry, Error, ExeCommand,
JScriptCall, Script, Value, or VBScriptCall.

Here is my code snippet:

    <Property Id="WixShellExecTarget" Value="Notepad.exe" />
    <CustomAction Id="LaunchApplication"
        BinaryKey="WixCA"
        DllEntry="WixShellExec"
        Impersonate="yes"
ExeCommand=""C:\Users\TestUser\Desktop\MyText.txt"" />

Found this thread:
http://windows-installer-xml-wix-toolset.687559.n2.nabble.com/Passing-command-line-arguments-to-an-app-launched-after-setup-td1366362.html

Seems like we can't pass arguments to our executing application here.