[wix-users] Executing an already installed program at install and uninstall time

Farrukh Waheed farrukh1 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 21 10:10:41 PDT 2016

Hi,
I've tried multiple syntax, but failing, so simply, can anyone please
suggest how to  execute an already installed utility with parameters at
install and uninstall time. Here is template I was following:

<SetProperty.Id=NotePadExe...>
<CustomAction Id=DoAtInstall Property=NotePadExe ExecuteCommand=????../> at
install time
<CustomAction.Id=DoAtRemove  Property=NotePadExe ExecuteCommand=????./> at
uninstall time.

<InstallExecuteSequence>
<Custom Action Id=DoAtInstall />
<Custom Action.Id=DoAtRemove >REMOVE=ALL OR REINSTALL=ALL</Custom Action>
</InstallExecuteSequence>

Let's say we have C:\Windows\Notepad.exe, how to pass parameters to it at
install and uninstall time?
Thanks a bunch.