[wix-users] Feature Level Confusion

Jon Earle earlej at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 16 07:24:31 PDT 2016

Hey Folks,

WiX 3.10.2

I have a Feature, with nested / child features.  I would like some of those child features to be auto-selected if I install the parent feature is selected.

<Feature Id="xx" AllowAdvertise="no" ConfigurableDirectory="INSTALLDIR" Level="101" Title="My Feature">
    <Feature Id="xxChild" AllowAdvertise="no" ConfigurableDirectory="INSTALLDIR" Level="100" Title="My Sub-Feature">

If I use the above and make the child level equal to, or greater or less than 101, the xxChild feature is not selected when I choose to install xx.  Only if I make the child level "1", does it get selected when xx is selected.

Is that correct behaviour or am I lacking some understanding somewhere?

Cheers!
Jon